Alternative firmware (for almost all models)

book14

Another bug in launcher:

When Run on Startup is enabled, then no sleep mode is possible (sleep mode is set to 5 minutes) - power button is not working.
I can't confirm this behavior. Tried it twice with reboot. Have you wiped your cache?

btw, how do you know I have a Shine2 HD V3? How can I find out, which version I own?

Gerhard Böse

I can't confirm this behavior. Tried it twice with reboot. Have you wiped your cache?
I wrote about a Shine3 and sleep mode, which is not available, neither with

- setup time, nor

- with power button

not about power down or reboot

btw, how do you know I have a Shine2 HD V3? How can I find out, which version I own?
- Your Question and there exist two versions of Shine2 HD - V3 is booting, V2 not.

- That you got other experienced results than me on Shine3, with only one board version.

BTW: a Shine 3HD doesnt exist. You do not assist Ryogo when giving him wrong information.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

alalaltu

Habe bisschen mit diversen "reboot"-apk`s rumgespielt. Hauptziel war es bequemer in TWRP zu booten. Die können das Gerät durchaus ausschalten, aber - da sie ja für Handys geschrieben sind - bleibt der letzte Bildschirm "eingebrannt". E-ink-Displays brauchen keinen Strom um statische Informationen anzuzeigen. Ausgewählt hab ich übringens
Um den Link zu sehen, bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren

Ryogo

Target device ntx_6sl is not supported

And the same error occur on Page 2.

Epos 2 / Page 2 not supported yet. Trying to install fw on any devices not listed under "supported devices" will fail.

"Looking for testers" meant that if a person owns a device and willing to test - need to contact me first and I will tailor a test build for a specific device (if I have time, no rush).

Minor bugs in settings:

- in Storage

+ Clear cached data? Still same size after clearin

- in Developer options

+ Verify apps over USB, check mark can't be removed

- in System

+ Pressing "System updates" -> Settings crashes

+ Pressing "Legal information" -> Settings crashes

Missing features:

- When I close the flip cover from Tolino, it doesn't turn off

- Orientation: enable Landscape (i.e right side of ereader is on the bottom side)

Suggestions

- Display settings:

+ More steps in the sliders

- Power button selections:

+ Reboot to recovery

+ Screenshot

- Back button:

+ Press home-button long -> home

+ Press home-button short -> back

Any chance going to Lollipop (Android 5). Good tools (especially scrcpy) and good apps need at least Lollipop
Lollipop and higher - sadly, but no.

Regarding other bugs / suggestions - since it is a fw ported from other devices and I there is no source code available ability to modify fw is very limited. Some modifications could be done and some not.

How to revert back to original FW?
It should be possible to just install original update.zip from Tolino. Have not tested this too much thou.

Another bug in launcher:

When Run on Startup is enabled, then no sleep mode is possible (sleep mode is set to 5 minutes) - power button is not working.
I will look at this issue some time later...

---

Current plan is:

• to support Shine 2 (4A2), Vision 3, Vision 4;
  • to stabilize wi-fi performance;

Personally, I do not have any major issues with wi-fi on Shine 3, I'll try to do more testing with my Nook Glowlight Plus and Shine 2 (4A3). Also, Waldy reported that wi-fi performs not very good on Shine 2 (4A2) and Vision 3, so hopefully, we'll clear this out.

But the whole process is very time consuming, keep in mind.

Norbi24

Hi Ryogo, I'd try on my Vision4, which is now on FW 12.2 and rooted and equipped with TWRP, and I have of course

a full TWRP backup of the device.

Once I try this custom rom and would like to go back to my rooted FW, would I simply boot into TWRP and restore my previous backup ?

Gerhard Böse

- added: file manager - MiXplorer.
Why this?

In your Android setup I have not found the possibility to manage Apps.

Total Commander is a File Manager and with it I can install .*.apk and uninstall not needed Apps.

In MiXplorer you can do nothing except exploring files. No extensions are possible because no play Store exists.

Why This?

Please remove it - if someone wants it, he can install it; for me it is worthless.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Gerhard Böse

Now tested on Vision 4 and Epos 1:

On both devices the touch Screen doesnt work precisely - sometimes it meets a point, sometimes not.

Oben